Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Doll Quilt Swap - Take 2

The wall hanging that I sent as part of the 3rd Annual EB Doll Quilt Swap has now been received so I can now show you some photos.

My partner requested a wall hanging in bright (no dirty) colours and listed these as her favourites. So with this in mind I sat down at EQ5 and found a block called Rainbow Logs that I used as a basis for the block. My next dilemma came in the fabric choice as I had recently found out at a workshop I attended, that what I call bright colours are in fact dirty, so I enlisted the help of a friend and fellow EB Newbie Quilter and made a trip to Amitie to buy the required bright rainbow colours.

And here is the finished result



Sorry for the dodgy photo I was in a rush to get to the post office to make sure it arrived in time for the grand opening day.

There is a better, clearer photo over at the receiptants blog

You can check out some of the other quilts sent and received at our flickr group 

No comments: