Sunday, December 13, 2009

Advent Blog-along - Day 13

Yes you did read correctly. I have missed Day 11 & 12, my excuse is pretty lame as well. Friday I was working all day as I hadn't done much earlier in the week due to Wiggles concert and Christmas tree decorating, I did have grand plans to make up for it yesterday but while I was making a fruit salad for dinner at friends place I had a mishap with a vegetable peeler that result in a fair amount of pain and blood so now I am having to type with limited fingers.

Tonight Andrew, Bastian and I went to our local Carols by Candlelight, we were lucky in that Bastian has a long long (4-5hrs) sleep during the day so he was in a fantastic mood even though he has just gone to bed now. Anyway being at the Carols got me thinking one of the reasons I love Christmas so much is it is a chance to remember years gone by and things you use to do as a child I can now do with my child, or even start new traditions. Also if it has been a crap year (eg as 2008 was for me) it is a celebration of the end of that year and a start of new one, in fact my father pointed out to me what I had written on my christmas card to them last year "Thank you for all your help and support this year and lets all hope for next year to be very uneventful"

I have to admit compared to 2008, 2009 has been a dream and very uneventful. 2010 will be a challenge but I believe in a good way.

So why do you love Christmas, assuming you do?

No comments: