Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hectic

That is what my life is at the moment, so today once the little boy was sound asleep and the bigger boy enthralled in watching his latest obsession I made myself a treat
and decided it was about time I update you on what I have been doing.

So what have I been doing......

Not Much......

Andrew has been spending crazy hours with his pet work project which has left me feeling like a single mum at the moment, not a nice feeling I can tell you. Mind you we have plans for this weekend once it all over, talking Bastian to see Toy Story 3 on Saturday and then I am escaping for a day of sewing on Sunday.

So apart from being Mum, which is a job I love don't get me wrong and working on the paperwork required to help get this up and running there has not been alot of time for sewing.

For last months guild sewing day I decided to start a new project... yes ladies and gentleman, my name is Kirsty and I have a slight problem. I like to start projects...... and never get them finished. I decided to start the "Life is a Celebration" Block of the Month that is running in the homespun magazine in 2010.

The first block is finished

Wonder what I will work on next....

I have also been doing working on a name tag for a swap run by MMQG 

Here is a sneek peek of my starting supplies

I really need to get a move on with that one as it is due on Sunday.

I have also decided to join in to a quilt-a-long. I bought a Frolic charm square pack with the name tag swap in mind but once it arrived I decided that I wanted to use it in a quilt for myself, so when Kelli posted that she was going to join in I decided to get another two charm sq packs and sign up myself. Should be fun.

Oh I have also decided to join in here, not actually planning to make anything at the moment, just get some patterns for future use.

Now I just need to find the time to get it all done, and be a fantastic mom to my two monkeys of course

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Awesome that you are going to do the quiltalong too!
Great Fabrics for your Name Badge Swap! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has made!

Car said...

I love love love your Homespun block of the month project :)

maybe I should do one too... *whistle*

Joy McD said...

I bought the kit for the Homespun bom and need to work on it.. it is so cute, isn't it?
lv,
Joy