Saturday, October 2, 2010

Blogtoberfest – Day 2

Spring has finally sprung in Victoria

After a very wet and cold September we finally have some nice warm weather to get out and enjoy our backyard.

Now to people who don’t know me we have been in our house for 9 years this December, but parts of our backyard still look like we moved in yesterday, the best way to explain our garden is definitely a work in progress much to the dismay of my husband. He would be happy to cover the whole backyard in bird attracting natives, as long as there was still room for a cricket pitch.

While I on the other hand have taken awhile to realise that Australian Natives can be beautiful plants and not the busy unkempt looking plants that I remember from my childhood. I posted about the start of a our garden back here and I realised today that I have taken some photos of the past year that I have yet to share

IMG_3609

Parrots on Red Flowering Gum 2
  This one was taken from inside through the flywire so excuse the fuzzy look
 

IMG_6810

Yesterday I took the boys out to the Bushwalk Nursery in Cranbourne to get some more native to around the edge of our paved area, so today was spent weeding and planting. I hope to show you some more pictures of our handy work tomorrow once we are finished. 

Oh and as you can see from the one of the previous pictures, Andrew has got his wish and our backyard is now a beacon for the local birdlife. In fact we currently have a baby magpie who has decided to take up residence.

IMG_6820

No comments: